07 September 2007

The upside of illness...

So... the general crappiness that has engulfed my body lingers... not venturing far from my bathroom... but...

More progress on the knitting/crochet front (and a much cleaner living space).

The Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl starts to take shape (Wednesday night, maybe)...


A little blocking problem here ... or... a little size problem with my blocking boards and teeny "dining" table. Either way, the damn thing just won't fit.

My plan it to not worry too much about blocking it really well. The yarn is pretty floppy and the shawl is very soft and floaty, so I don't even think that the block would "take."

I am happy with the finished product at this point:

A big soft and smooshy doily that you can wear, what could be finer?

Finally cast on for those Monkey Socks with some really nice new yarn. This is a quick moving and pretty intuitive pattern to knit. I think it may take a while to memorize it, but it is pretty clear when you make a mistake (at least so far).




Hopefully, tomorrow will be a cool day lacking excessive bathroom visits ;) Yeah, right.

No comments: