03 September 2007

An actual FO!

Finally, finally, finally finished the Knit Picks CotLin socks!!!


I used Wendy's Sportweight Toe-Up Sock with Gusset Heel pattern (one of my favorites - easy, perfect fit, and very simple to modify). I added a few stitches on each side of the instep about 2 cm before the heel began to accommodate this apparently larger-than-normal part of my foot. The top was finished off with a simple 2x2 ribbing (until I almost ran out of yarn on the first sock).

No idea why these took so long to finish. I was looking forward to the results and really liked the feel of the yarn. However, the yarn was pretty hard on the hands. Not a surprise, really, but it was extremely unforgiving (should have known from the cotton/linen blend) and made my wrists feel crappy. I like the finished socks very much and can't wait to have some non-wool hand knit socks! Unfortunately, it is definitely going to have to cool off a lot more to allow wearing of socks of any type.

After the concert Saturday evening, we stayed in Florence, Kentucky. (Follow the link to see the "real story" of the Florence, Y'all water tower). On Sunday afternoon, we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. Such a pleasant surprise! The insect house was great and they had a bunch of mini aviaries so that you could get up and personal with lots of really cute and cooperative birds! Here are just a few:

No comments: