01 September 2007

Turning over a new leaf....

Or... not...

So, I came home last night with the best of intentions and a great idea for how to spend my Friday nights. It always seems like I should be working that night but when I do, I am never productive (I am just very, very bitter about having to work when everyone else is playing). The general idea is this: I will only work to finish UFOs on Friday evenings. This way, I still get to do something I really want to do (knit or crochet or spin), but I will still make progress on something that I might not have made any on. (Hard to make progress on anything when you are having a pout-in at the office.)

However... I got some super soft and wonderful new yarn yesterday:

And... I just could not stay away from it.

The very, very strange thing about this yarn? I purchased it with a project in mind! I finally got this book. I love this book, but more about that later. For now, the project I had in mind is the Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl. Basically, you just crochet an enormous doily on a large hook and.... ta da... you have a pretty, round shawl.

As it turns out, this was SO much fun to work on that (while my intention was to start and then work on a pair of unfinished socks), I kept working on it until the wee hours of the morning (something like 3:30 am).


I do hope that this yarn will block out some of my messiness. If not, I can't imagine I'll care because it is SO soft and smooshy and nice.

All right, off to the concert!

No comments: