20 August 2007

... and we're off...

Starting a knitting, spinning, general crafting blog has been in the back of my mind for over a year now. Until now, nothing has really motivated me to actually begin it! Thanks to Jess and Casey over at Ravelry (https://www.ravelry.com/), I finally have no excuse other than to just get started! I've had the chance to look at so many great projects and inspiring blogs that I just couldn't put it off any longer!

Recently, I received some good news about someone close to me expecting a tiny addition to their family. This is such a great excuse to knit and crochet small, cute, soft, and cuddly little clothes that most of my knitting time has been taken up with this.

I discovered a new LYS and I just love it! Super friendly staff and a great selection of sock yarns (especially for a newly opened shop!). Of course, I had to make a few purchases (you know, to be supportive of the new business, and all).

So far, I've started a bunch of baby socks:


(For some reason, it didn't occur to me just how many tiny socks you could get from a single ball of yarn.)

I am using Crystal Palace Panda in the Misty Greens Colorway (a bamboo, cotton, and elastic blend) which I really like. It has a nice amount of stretchiness and it is SO soft. May have to experiment with making a full sized pair of socks from this stuff.

I've also started to make a baby-sized blanket from some Patons Astra that I bought for the heck of it because it was on a super sale! Nice to have a use for it. I am planning to make it using a series of granny squares and other crocheted squares from this book: 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton. I bought this book a while ago to try to hone my very new crochet skills and I love it - so many fun little squares to make!


Well, more later. I want to make sure this thing actually posts correctly before I invest too much time!
[Not so good the first few times... this is take four and I think I've got it!].


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What cute socks!!! I almost urped on the computer. I hope they are for our little one.
Sarah