13 January 2009

New quilts


As it has been so ridiculously long since I've posted and who knows if and when I'll be posting again, I'm choosing to make no excuses ;)

I've been working on the machine quilting step of making quilts.  This is really easy to get better at pretty quickly - and it seems pretty forgiving if you just use a nice overall stippling.
The tops of both of these quilts fall into the category of "winging it."  I guess I'll work on my piecing after I get the hang of quilting.

Here are a couple of recent efforts:

First, a large lap quilt (almost twin-sized) that I made to see if I could actually make a quilt.

It has a few issues, but I really like it.  It's cozy and warm and feels homemade (but in a good way).

Lap quilt by you.


Lap quilt by you.

The second quilt is a small baby quilt for a friend.  This one uses some of the cutest bird fabrics I've ever seen.  You can't really go wrong with bluebirds, can you?

Baby quilt by you.

The top is just a slice of a log cabin, on a large scale.  There might be a better way to describe this, but I don't know what that would be.

The back (I think this is my favorite part:

Baby quilt by you.

Really, how cute and cheerful is this fabric?

Baby quilt by you.

Maybe some knitting next time.  I'm trying out a new browser (Flock) and it seems like it makes posting to blogger really easy.  Guess I'll find out when I try to post this.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea! a new posting -- I check almost everyday that I am at work. The bluebirds are darling.