04 November 2007

SAFF 2007

It seemed that SAFF was even better this year than last. So much pretty yarn and roving in such a variety of colors... hmmm... the only downside (if you think this is a negative - which I might) was the ubiquity of mohair. Mohair was everywhere and blended with every other fiber known to man. Some was unbelievably soft and some was pretty scratchy. I tried very hard to remember that I don't much like to spin or knit with mohair and I was most successful in avoiding these purchases.

We actually had time to go and check out some of the animals (look how cute)...



This guy is just having a great big laugh, I think...


I found a beautiful new spindle... 1.4 ounces (so quite a bit heavier than my current spindle). I've only used it a bit, but so far I really like it.


A silk hankie... have to wait until the winter dryness subsides, I'm afraid.

These are a Merino/Tencel blend that I am so looking forward to spinning:

And the softest yarn I've ever felt (I think) from Brooks Farms. This is Solana, a light worsted weight washable merino. I just can't describe the unbelievable softness and smooshiness and overall goodness of this yarn.

More to come soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got a picture of the llama with his teeth! It's pretty funny.

I didn't realize how close your Solana looks like mine. Maybe it's just the angle that you took the picture in.